Thursday, 28 March 2013

Day 24 Man Down

28/03/13
Well not man down, rather camera down. Today was our final day of our Advanced Open Water course. Our first dive took us down just short of 30m, the second was a shallower dive because we were identifying fish. We saw loads of different types, including; trumpet fish, honeycomb eels, a shoal of a few thousand yellow bellied fusiliers, giant puffer fish, porcupine fish and plenty of others, but at the cost of my camera. It is waterproof to 10m but it still let water in, either the frame around the seal was bent or we went deeper than 10m, I couldn't tell because my depth gauge was broken. I think it was probably the latter, I didn't trust our guy from the word go, he couldn't tie knots that he was teaching us and laughed if you asked a simple question, he also nearly killed Rob and George when we made a safety stop with a spare tank, but it wasn't turned on, something that really panicked Rob, he said we wouldn't go deep but who knows with him, I certainly didn't trust his word! We spent a couple of hours on the beach then went out for a drink before dinner then for a couple more afterwards too.
George on our descent!

One of the many tropical fish we saw (and also the last picture my camera took)

No comments:

Post a Comment