Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Day 65 Plankton

08/05/13
My morning consisted of breakfast and the beach, on my way back to the room I past a cafe that always plays 'Friends' and I spotted Dan, Simon and Katie so I went and joined them for an hour, whilst I waited for my afternoon tour to start. They as well as most the dorm left today so there were a lot of goodbyes this morning as people went to catch ferries. During my tour we spent about an hour on the beach where 'The Beach' was filmed, we also visited a 20m deep lagoon that was only accessible by boat at high tide, it was odd but impressive. We stopped for a while so we could all go snorkelling, it would have been impressive if I hadn't already been scuba diving in almost identical waters, after this we did a couple of cliff jumps, the highest I did was 12m. By this time it was late afternoon so we chatted whilst we watched the sun set, then we watched a lightning storm whilst waiting to snorkel again. This time it was plankton that we were looking at, if you moved your hand thousands of plankton lit up errily, I have to admit I was like  5 year old kid splashing about getting all excited, it truly was an amazing phenomenon. When I got back to the dorm I was greeted by a whole host of new faces, it was a very odd feeling even though I had known the others just 2 days.
'The Beach'

The jump
The sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment